Programs & Descriptions
Trainings for Adults
Building Healthy Communities© Facilitator Trainings* +
- Intended Audience:
- Education Professionals: teachers, social workers, program staff in schools
- Colleges: students organizations, sororities, fraternities, staff, and instructors
- Faith-based leaders and volunteers
- Armed Forces Community
- Law Enforcement Officer, Correctional Officers (Juvenile and Adult)
- Session length: 3 days (typically 9am – 5pm each day)
- Objective: To prevent sexual violence through education and promotion by educating youth-serving adults in primary prevention curriculum implementation.
- Cost: Individuals may attend facilitator trainings at a rate of $350 per person per curriculum. Contact us to discuss pricing and scheduling for organizational trainings.
Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children®* +
- Intended Audience: Parents, people who work with youth, adults
- Approved for 2 hours of CEUs for nurses, social workers, and childcare professionals
- Session length: 2 hours
- Objective: Participants will learn how to recognize, prevent, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Cost: $10 per attendee for course materials.
Multi-Session Education for Youth
Building Healthy Communities +
- Intended Audience: Middle school, high school
- Number of Sessions: 6
- Length of Sessions: 45-60 minutes
- Session Topics:
- Session 1: Gender Stereotypes and Media Influence on Violence in Relationships
- Session 2: Appropriate Boundary Setting
- Session 3: Effective Communication Strategies
- Session 4: Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Bullying (Middle School)/Stalking (High School)
- Session 5: Healthy Relationships and Prevention of Dating Violence
- Session 6: Building a Community Free of Sexual Violence
Johns Hopkins University conducted an evaluation of BHC to determine program effectiveness, and overall, findings showed positive effects. You can learn more about this report here.